News

US president Trump insists on suing BBC between $1 billion and $5 billion for editing his speech

Spread the love
US President Donald Trump has insisted that he still plans on suing the BBC between $1 billion and $5 billion for editing his speech.
This comes after the BBC issued an apology to President Trump on Friday after he had demanded a full retraction, immediate apology, and an offer of compensation from the BBC after a Panorama documentary made it appear as though he encouraged violence before the January 6 Capitol riot.
The broadcaster had been given until today to respond to the President’s $1billion legal threat after criticism that viewers had been misled by the programme.
In a statement on Friday, the BBC said the edit was an ‘error of judgment’ and the programme will ‘not be broadcast again in this form on any BBC platforms’
But it added that ‘while the BBC sincerely regrets the manner in which the video clip was edited, we strongly disagree that there is a basis for a defamation claim’.
After the BBC refused the total capitulation demanded by the US President, Trump told GB News that he had an ‘obligation’ to take legal action in a fiery interview.
‘I’m not looking to get into lawsuits, but I think I have an obligation to do it. This was so egregious’, he told GB News’ Bev Turner.
‘If you don’t do it, you don’t stop it from happening again with other people’.
Trump also confirmed to journalists outside the White House on Friday that he planned to formally seek damages, saying: ‘We’ll sue them from anywhere between $1 billion and $5 billion, probably sometime next week.
‘I think I have to do it,’ he added.
Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.