News

7-year-old Kaduna boy loses legs for stealing biscuits

Spread the love

7-year-old Kaduna boy loses legs after allegedly being tortured with hot water, starved, locked up by his father and stepmother for stealing biscuits.

The Kaduna State Government has rescued a 7-year-old boy, Abubakar Sani, from his abusive father and stepmother, who allegedly tied his legs and poured hot water on them as punishment for stealing biscuits.

The horrific incident occurred in Lere Local Government Area of the state.

The State Commissioner for Human Services and Social Development, Rabi Salisu, who disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, April 16, 2025, said the boy’s legs severely damaged, necessitating a double amputation below the knee.

“The report on the boy came to the ministry about nine days ago, and by then, his legs had already rotted and had maggots coming out, so the advice from the doctors was amputation to save his life,” she said.

The commissioner revealed that the father, Sani Tanimi Maishago, and his wife, the boy’s stepmother, locked Abubakar up in a room for over 20 days without proper food.

The Commissioner added that the police in the state have apprehended the father and stepmother, and “they will face charges in court once the investigation is complete.

Salisu emphasised that the state government has zero tolerance for child abuse, domestic violence, and molestation.

“We will make sure that justice is served to serve as a deterrent to others.”

The Chief Medical Director of Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital, Abdulkadir Musa, revealed that Abubakar’s future survival may depend on equipping him with artificial limbs.

He counselled parents to exercise caution and perseverance when punishing their children, warning that “irreversible consequences” can result from excessive punishment.

Meanwhile, the state government has reiterated its commitment to defending children’s rights, with Salisu emphasising that “the social wellbeing of the child is the state’s paramount goal.”

She added that the government would continue to work towards ensuring that justice was served and that children were protected from abuse and exploitation in the state.

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.