Fashion

Brazilian Influencer Junior Dutra Dies After Alleged Complications From ‘Fox Eyes’ Surgery

Spread the love

Brazilian fashion influencer Adair Mendes Dutra Junior, popularly known as Junior Dutra, has died at the age of 31 — a month after revealing that he suffered complications from a cosmetic “fox eyes” procedure.

According to reports, Junior passed away on October 3 after being rushed to a hospital in São Paulo. His close friend, Gean Souza, confirmed his death in an interview with Brazilian outlet Quem, alleging that the infection from the surgery worsened until it became fatal.

Souza said, “He became ill, felt very short of breath, and was taken to the nearest emergency room at a public hospital. He had been having infectious reactions and feeling discomfort since the procedure. Last Friday, the problem worsened.”

Junior had earlier spoken publicly about his ordeal in a September interview, claiming that his “fox eyes” surgery, performed in March by Dr. Fernando Garbi, left him with an infection and severe swelling.

In that interview, he appeared with visible bruises and said he was undergoing treatment under a dermatologist’s care.

Dr. Garbi, through his lawyer Marcelo Cheli, has denied all allegations, describing them as “false” and insisting that there is no connection between the procedure and Junior’s death.

In a statement shared on social media, the doctor’s legal team accused critics of seeking “brief moments of notoriety” and vowed to take legal action against those spreading what they called defamatory claims.

Before his death, Junior had already filed a complaint against the doctor, demanding an investigation by the 15th Police District of São Paulo. Reports suggest the influencer had accused Garbi of illegal medical practice, serious bodily injury, and fraudulent misrepresentation.

The “fox eyes” trend — a cosmetic lift designed to give the outer corners of the eyes a cat-like slant — has become popular worldwide, especially among celebrities and influencers.

Friends say Junior had been optimistic despite his health struggles. Souza described him as “a very dear person with many dreams to fulfill.”

“He wanted to be closer to his family, to go abroad… What we want now is justice,” he added.

Junior Dutra, who had over 123,000 followers on Instagram, was well known for his sleek fashion style and creative posts.

His final Instagram upload, posted weeks before his death, featured a model in bold red attire with the caption:

“Because attitude can also be worn — and today it comes in red.”

Fans and fellow influencers have since flooded his page with tributes, mourning the loss of a young creative whose life was cut short by a tragic chain of events.

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.