DSS interrogates Malami over attack on his convoy
The Department of State Services (DSS) has interrogated former Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, over the September 1 attack on his convoy in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.
Malami confirmed he was questioned at the DSS Birnin Kebbi Command, describing the exercise as professional and transparent. The incident occurred after he returned from a condolence visit to the family of the late Chief Imam of Dr Bello Haliru Jumu’ah Mosque. Witnesses said suspected political thugs vandalised about 10 vehicles in his convoy and injured several supporters.
Malami had earlier labelled the attack “politically motivated.” While the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) distanced itself from the violence, he petitioned security agencies, including the police and DSS.
In a statement shared on Facebook, the former minister said he was treated with “dignity and respect” during the interrogation.
“I remain committed to cooperating fully with the Department to ensure that their investigation is concluded successfully,” he added.
A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…
A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…
Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…
Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…
A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…
CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…
This website uses cookies.