Entertainment

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ sentencing date revealed

Spread the love

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ sentencing has been set for  October 3 at 10 a.m. ET after he was denied bail.

The music mogul was found guilty on two counts of transportation for pr0stitution but dodged the more serious charges of s£x trafficking and racketeering on Wednesday, July 2.

After the jury revealed the verdict early Wednesday morning, Combs’ attorney Marc Agnifilo told the judge that he “should be released on appropriate conditions” as early as Thursday. The prosecution countered the request, stating that it posed a “real risk” to let him walk free.

Judge Aran Subramanian later announced his ruling, saying it would be “impossible” for Combs to prove he would not pose a danger to others if released on bail. Using the defense attorneys’ own words against them, the judge provided examples from the trial in which they admitted to Combs’ pattern of violence.

“You full-throatedly in your closing argument told the jury that there was violence here,” Subramanian said to Agnifilo, quoting his summation on Friday: “‘We own the domestic violence. We own it.’”

The judge said the defence had “prevailed” on getting Combs acquitted on racketeering and s£x trafficking charges, but “domestic violence is violence.” The evidence of such violence, the judge said, will not be considered concerning Combs’ sentencing, but it can be considered when determining bail.

Combs was found guilty on two of the less serious charges in his federal trial, with each carrying a 10-year maximum sentence.

The hip-hop mogul was facing a maximum of life in prison if the jury found him guilty of racketeering and s£x trafficking charges.

Following his detainment in September 2024, Combs had previously offered a $50 million bond backed by equity in his homes and the promise of security monitoring, yet was denied bail three times before withdrawing his bid in December.

Meanwhile, a virtual hearing between the judge and the parties to discuss a pre-sentencing report is set for Tuesday, July 8, at 2 p.m, while his sentencing date is slated for October 3 at 10 a.m. ET.

Source: LIB

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.