News

Off-Duty Police officer shot during scuffle with fellow officers trying to give her restraining order

Spread the love

An off-duty Massachusetts, USA police officer was shot and wounded during a confrontation with fellow officers who were serving her an abuse prevention restraining order.

Kelsey Fitzsimmons, 28, a North Andover police officer and new mother, was shot once when three officers arrived at her home Monday evening to serve the court order, Essex County District Attorney Paul Tucker said at a news conference.

“When one of the officers was escorting Ms. Fitzsimmons during the service of the court order, an armed confrontation took place,” Tucker said. “As a result, one of the responding officers discharged their weapon, striking Ms. Fitzsimmons once.”

 She was flown to a Boston hospital and is in stable condition.

The restraining order filed against Fitzsimmons was a standard 209A order intended to protect victims of abuse. Authorities did not release further details about why the order was issued.

Under such orders, police are required to remove any firearms from the subject’s home. Court documents indicated police were aware serving the order could be dangerous. “Defendant is an officer with a license to carry. Plaintiff expressed concerns regarding Defendant’s reaction to being served,” the filing stated.

Fitzsimmons had been on administrative leave and recently filed to have her service weapon returned. The reason for her leave was not disclosed.

She has served with the North Andover Police Department for about a year and a half and holds a degree in criminal justice. She got engaged to a local firefighter late last year and gave birth to a baby boy in February.

 The district attorney declined to say if Fitzsimmons was armed during the confrontation. It also remains unclear which officer fired the shot, though Tucker noted that the officer involved has more than 20 years of service with the department.

Source: LIB

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.