News

Nigerian man jailed 5 years for r3ping woman in Scotland

Spread the love

A 37-year-old Nigerian man who attacked and r3ped a woman in her own home has been jailed for five years in Scotland.

Innocent Megbolu, was sentenced at the High Court in Edinburg on October 6, 2025.

He was also made subject to a non harassment order banning him from communicating or approaching the woman for an indefinite period bail.

Megbolu, formerly of Craigmillar, in Edinburgh, grabbed hold of the woman during the attack in her flat in the Leith area of the city on August 21, 2023, after she earlier asked him to leave her home.

A judge told the s3x attacker: “The degree of harm caused by you in committing this crime must be considered as particularly high.”

Judge Alistair Watson said at the High Court in Edinburgh: “Her evidence was she was crying and shouting and yet you continued with your conduct.”

The judge said that he took into account that the offence took place at the home of the victim where she was entitled to feel safe and be safe.

Megbolu had denied r3ping the woman during an earlier trial but was convicted of the attack by a jury.

An acquaintance of the victim told the court: “She told me that he flipped her over – like a wrestling move.”

The woman was shaking and in shock after the assault by Megbolu.

Another woman said she received a phone call from the victim and added: “She said she had been r3ped.”

Defence counsel Jonathan Campbell said that Megbolu understood that, given the serious nature of the offence, a custodial sentence was “inevitable”.

He said that married, father-of-two Megbolu was a first offender and was working in the care sector prior to the commission of the crime.

Mr Campbell said: “His principal concern is for his family and the impact the conviction will have on them.”

The defence counsel said it was “highly likely” that Megbolu would be deported at the end of his prison sentence.

Megbolu was placed on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely following his sentencing.

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.