Football star Neymar tests Positive for COVID-19 again
Brazil forward Neymar has tested COVID-19 positive and is currently undergoing treatment, his club Santos said in a statement.
“With a viral condition that began on Thursday (June 5), Neymar Jr. underwent laboratory tests, after evaluation by the Medical Department of Santos FC, which confirmed infection by Covid-19,” the club said in a statement.
“The player had already been away from activities since Thursday, when he began showing symptoms, and remains resting at home and undergoing symptomatic treatment, as determined by a doctor.”
This is the second time the forward has contracted the virus; he had previously tested positive in May 2021, during his time at Paris Saint-Germain. After four months of recovery, he had returned ‘super happy’ to training.
Neymar, 33, has been struggling to hit top form since his exit from the French club in 2023 and is currently playing for his boyhood club, Santos.
Despite being Brazil’s record goalscorer with 79 international goals, his last international appearance was in October 2023 in a 0-2 loss against Uruguay, where he was stretchered off with an injury.
He also missed the Copa America 2024 and was excluded from Carlo Ancelotti’s squad for the ongoing World Cup qualifiers against Ecuador and Paraguay.
Source: LIB
A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…
A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…
Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…
Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…
A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…
CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…
This website uses cookies.