Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo to Announce Al-Nassr Exit After Rejecting £167M Deal

Spread the love

Superstar footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo’s exit from Al-Nassr is reportedly set to be announced today.

Recall that Ronaldo hinted at his exit from the club on Monday as he told his social media followers that ‘this chapter is over,’ appearing to hint at an exit.

‘This chapter is over. The story? Still being written. Grateful to all,’ Ronaldo wrote on his X account after Al-Nassr finished third in the league.

Ronaldo’s next steps are unclear, but it has been speculated that he could land in the MLS, Brazil, Turkey, at Sporting Lisbon, or elsewhere in Saudi Arabia.

He is said to have been close to agreeing on terms on a new £ 167 million-per-year deal with Al-Nassr before he made a U-turn.

During his time in the Middle East, Ronaldo banged in 99 goals for Al-Nassr.

Now, Spanish outlet Marca reports that Ronaldo’s departure will be confirmed imminently in a press conference held by the club. 

Meanwhile, talkSPORT claims that Al-Nassr wish to cast their net into the Premier League and fish out a certain Luis Diaz. 

Liverpool star Diaz, whose contract expires in 2027, is reported to be their top target.

Ronaldo, 40, is determined to reach 1,000 senior career goals, a total which may still require two or three seasons of regular scoring to smash as he currently has 936.

There is speculation that he could join Al-Nassr’s Saudi rivals Al-Hilal, who will be participating in the revamped Club World Cup.

Last week, FIFA president Gianni Infantino sent tongues wagging when he claimed that Ronaldo could play at the revamped competition this summer – despite Al-Nassr not qualifying. 

‘Ronaldo might play for one of the teams as well at the Club World Cup,’ Infantino said. ‘There are discussions.’

‘There are discussions with some clubs, so if any club is watching and is interested in hiring Ronaldo for the Club World Cup… who knows, who knows.’

Source: LIB

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.