News

Court strikes out Femi Falana and Falz’s N1bn defamation suit against VeryDarkMan

Spread the love

A Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja on Tuesday, April 15, struck out the defamation suit filed by the Falanas against internet commentator Martins Otse, known as VeryDarkMan (VDM).

Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana; and his son, Folarin popularly known as Falz; had filed the defamation suit against VDM following the comments and video he published on September 24, 2024 on his social media handles and pages.

The Falanas had dragged the defendant before the court in separate suits, claiming N500 million each as damages over a video he posted on his social media platforms alleging that they collected N10 million from Idris Okuneye, a.k.a Bobrisky, to pervert the cause of justice.

When the case was called on Tuesday, April 15, Falana, his son, and VDM were absent in court.

However, counsel for the respondent, Niyi Alagbe, holding brief for Marvin Omorogbe, informed the court that he had earlier filed an application for stay of proceeding before Justice Fimisola Azeez.

Counsel for the Falanas, Omotayo Olatunbosun, in his response, informed the court that he received the said application on Monday about 4:15 p.m.

Olatunbosun argued that the matter of the day was the preliminary objection, which he said was ripe for hearing and that the new application was meant to prolong matters.

Olatunbosun urged the judge to proceed with the business of the day.

Justice Matthias Dawodu said the application in question was not in the file and wondered why he was being troubled with the case when the substantive suit was before another court.

Dawodu struck out the suit and held that insistence on going ahead with the suit would be an academic exercise since the substantive suit was before another judge.

“Consequently, this suit is hereby struck out,” he said.

Source: LIB

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.