News

Bruno Fernandes reportedly open to leave Manchester United

Spread the love

Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes is reportedly edging closer to a shock exit from Old Trafford, with strong interest emerging from outside Europe.

According to reports, Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad are considering a move for the Portuguese international, who was in the spotlight after missing a crucial penalty in United’s 1-1 draw with Fulham on Sunday.

Earlier this summer, Fernandes had assured Al-Hilal that he intended to remain at Old Trafford for at least another season. However, with the summer transfer window days away from closing, the situation appears to have shifted. Sources suggest that Al-Ittihad have already opened talks with the midfielder’s camp, and discussions are said to be progressing positively.

Fernandes, while committed to United, has hinted at an openness to a Saudi move if the club approves. Speaking candidly about his future, he said: “On the day that the club thinks that I’m too much or it’s time to part ways, football is like this, you never know it.”

The 29-year-old playmaker remains under contract with Manchester United until 2027, with the club holding an option for an additional year. Since his arrival from Sporting Lisbon in January 2020, Fernandes has become a cornerstone of United’s midfield, renowned for his creativity, leadership, and relentless drive.

As captain, he guided United to League Cup and FA Cup glory in 2023 and 2024, though he also endured heartbreak in European competitions, featuring in the Europa League final defeats of 2021 and 2025, as well as the FA Cup final loss in 2023.

With Saudi clubs continuing to lure European stars with lucrative offers, Fernandes’ potential switch could mark another major coup for the Pro League. The coming days will be crucial as United weigh up their options and decide whether to cash in on their captain or hold firm to their midfield general.

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.