News

Barcelona cancel pre-season friendly in Japan citing contractual breaches

Spread the love

Barcelona have cancelled their pre-season friendly match against Vissel Kobe in Japan, citing “serious contractual breaches” by the event promoter, the club confirmed in a statement. The cancellation casts doubt over the club’s remaining two fixtures in South Korea, scheduled against FC Seoul on July 31 and Daegu FC on August 4.

“Barcelona announces that it has been obliged to suspend its participation in the game scheduled for next Sunday in Japan due to serious contractual breaches on behalf of the promoter,” the Spanish club said in an official statement. “Nevertheless, the club will consider readjusting the leg of the summer tour in South Korea if certain conditions are met by the promoter. If these conditions are met, then the club will travel to South Korea in the coming days. Barcelona regrets this incident and the impact it will have on the many, many Barca fans in Japan.”

Vissel Kobe, Barcelona’s scheduled opponent in Japan, expressed regret over the cancellation. “We sincerely apologise for any concern this may cause to the many fans and related parties who were looking forward to this match,” the J1 League side said on Thursday. “Our club is working in collaboration with relevant parties to gather necessary information and take appropriate measures.

While Barcelona did not name the promoter in its statement, the club had previously identified YASUDA Group as the organiser when the tour was announced. YASUDA has been contacted for comment.

Meanwhile, South Korean promoter D-DRIVE, which is organising the matches in Seoul and Daegu, reiterated its commitment to moving forward with the tour. “To our fans in Korea: please rest assured — D-DRIVE remain fully committed to making the rest of the tour a success. We will continue to do our utmost to deliver unforgettable matches,” said Seul Ham, CEO of D-DRIVE.

Source: LIB

Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.