News

109 people sh0t, 19 k!lled during vi0lent Fourth of July weekend in Chicago

Spread the love

More than 100 people were shot and 19 killed in Chicago during a violent Fourth of July celebration.

From Thursday to Sunday, 109 shooting victims were reported, surpassing last year’s holiday weekend total, Chicago Police Supt. Larry Snelling and Mayor Brandon Johnson announced at a Monday press conference.

“These are 19 families whose lives are forever altered. Nineteen families who woke up this morning without a son, daughter, mother, father, aunt, or uncle. Over 100 people whose lives will never be the same,” Mayor Johnson said.

The latest shooting occurred around 11:30 p.m. on Sunday in Chicago’s Austin neighborhood. Police found a 36-year-old man unresponsive on a kitchen floor with a gunshot wound to the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Earlier, at around 5:30 a.m. Sunday, three men were shot outside the University of Chicago Hospital. Witnesses saw someone in a dark-grey SUV fire shots at people near a parked car in what appeared to be a targeted attack. The victims were taken to the hospital.

SEE ALSO: Actor Jake Johnston admits role in Capitol riots, faces prison time

Other incidents included a shooting at Columbus Park in the Austin neighborhood, where two people exchanged gunfire, injuring seven. A 40-year-old man died after driving himself to Stroger Hospital.

The youngest victim was 8-year-old Bryson Orr, killed along with two female relatives in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood. Two other children were also wounded.

“We cannot bring back these children. If we want to avoid these press conferences and meetings again, we need everyone to step up. We need people to come forward, take responsibility, and help us help you,” Supt. Snelling said.

Additional officers were deployed across Chicago over the holiday weekend. The police department also announced the opening of an Emergency Services Assistance Center at Fosco Park on Tuesday to support those traumatized by the weekend’s violence.

Source: LIB
Fidel Perez

Recent Posts

Alleged s3x worker st@bs client to d3ath after dispute over payment in South Africa

A 23-year-old woman, Mudau Rothe, has st@bbed a man to d£ath after dispute over payment…

2 weeks ago

Man beaten to de@th over missing phone in Lagos (video)

A man identified as Azeez has reportedly di£d after he was allegedly beaten by suspected…

2 weeks ago

Germany deports 137 Nigerians in five chartered flights

Germany deported at least 137 Nigerian citizens in five documented chartered operations between February and…

2 weeks ago

Lagos government warns celebrities against patronising ‘agberos’

Lagos State Government has asked to celebrities, social media influencers and other members of the…

2 weeks ago

Woman allegedly st@bs her husband to d3ath in Abia 7 months after their wedding

A woman identified as Serah Innocent has allegedly st@bbed her husband, Innocent Nwaoji to d3ath…

2 weeks ago

WAFCON 2026: CAF announce new ways to watch in Africa and worldwide

CAF Confirms Global Broadcast Partners for WAFCON 2026, Expands YouTube Streaming The Confederation of African…

4 weeks ago

This website uses cookies.